Without a good regimen for your natural hair, it is almost impossible to grow your hair long. (That is, if your hair goals involves length) So, depending on the stage your hair is i.e. TWA, Mid-length aka Hang time or Long-natural hair, there are different ways to take care of it. Washing, Styling and general Hair maintenance in between wash-days are the first things you’ll need to know. Also note that, growing natural hair cannot happen over night because scientifically, our hair grows half an inch per month if you do not have any health issues. That means, 6 inches a year without breakage.
TWA means Teeny Weeny Afro
In other words, short natural hair. To care for your hair at this stage is very easy so I have provided 2 methods you can choose from to suit your needs and lifestyle. Both methods will allow you to care for your hair and maintain consistency easily.
If you like to pour water on your hair every time you bathe, this option is for you.
- Invest in a good rinse out conditioner or a 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner. (You can find these in the store).
- While your having a bath or shower apply a little conditioner all over your TWA leave in for a minute or 2 then rinse. You can do this every time you bathe or a couple of times a week.
- When out of the shower, remember to use a moisturising cream and oil to seal in the moisture in other to keep your hair soft and hydrated till the next day.
If you abstain from pouring water on your TWA every time you shower, this is for you.
- Whenever you decide to wash your hair in the shower do step number 1 & 2 above.
- If you abstain from pouring water on your TWA every time your shower, you will need a hair spritz. This is a liquid moisturiser that will keep your hair hydrated before using a hair moisturiser and oil to seal.
- A hair spritz can be found below.