A lot of guys rocking a TWA (teeny weeny afro), pay attention to achieving defined curls aka Waves, so I decided to write a post on how to get the best defined
curls waves. Shout out to my brother who helped me with this piece. Its his hair in the pictures. Enjoy!
There are two ways:
- The Vigorous approach:
- Firstly, get a fresh haircut. Make sure it’s as close to your scalp as possible.
- Wash your hair
- and whilst your hair is slightly damp, rub in a hair pomade in the direction you want your waves to flow
- then, use a bristle brush to brush hair repeatedly on every side until satisfied. (My brother recommends 10 passes on each side – (front, side, and back),
- Cover hair with a wave cap
- optional you can also use a durag on top of the wave cap as the wave cap may slip off while asleep.
- In the morning take the wave cap/durag off and brush hair again before taking a shower
- and you’re done!
2. The quick (aka shap shap) method: this method works for ladies as well.
- Spray some water lightly on clean hair
- Follow with a hair butter and/or gel
- Tie a durag/wave cap/satin scarf overnight or while you dress up
- when you wake up or are done dressing, take off the durag/wave cap/satin scarf and you should see well-defined waves.
These are the results using the Vigorous approach.
The hair brush used.
Let me know if this two methods work for you in the comments below.
Stay blessed & beautiful!